1. So the iPhone 4 came out today and apparently the people who pre-ordered got theirs yesterday. I WANT! However, there was no way I was going to wait in line to get one today. I was planning on waiting a few weeks until the commotion dies down anyway. My father-in-law got his and was just holding it up in the air in front of himself admiring it today and I remarked that I wanted the white one (I've had two iPhones, both black. I'm ready for a change, I suppose). He then proceeded to tell me that the white ones don't come out until the end of July. EFF.
We'll see how long I can make it.
2. I just ate an entire box of Milk Duds. About halfway through I told myself that I needed to stop, especially since I woke up at 5 am this morning with a terrible tummy ache. I had to sit on the toilet a while (sorry TMI) and talk myself out of vomiting. It worked, but it still took me an hour to get back to sleep with pains in my stomach. I'm still not sure if it's something I ate or just pregnancy. I'm trying to figure out a good salty and/or healthy snack to balance out the ridiculous amounts of sugar I just ate. I still can't believe I just sat here and ate that entire thing. My stomach is already turning. STUPID MANDA.
3. I've been a bit nervous the last few days because the baby hasn't been moving as much. He kicked me a bit when I got into bed last night and I feel him moving at different points of the day, but usually he seems much more active. I'm *hoping* I'm in for a show since I just ate so much sugar and plan on climbing into bed to watch a movie soon. I still feel nervous a lot, even though I'm six months pregnant (woah! That crept up on us!). I was going through baby clothes and supplies today and it still feels surreal. I don't want to be this crazy nervous pregnant lady all the time who calls the doctor over every little thing (Rocky just gave me a few good kicks as if to say "Calm down Mama!").
4. This week I've been using Jergens Healthy Glow lotion. The first thing I've noticed? The stank. I feel like I smell like tanning salon, ew. Have you ever smelled that burned-skin smell on someone? Gross. I've used it for three days in a row now and I do like how my upper thighs and shoulders are not so pasty white and I do definitely look more tan, but I am seeing a bit of an orange hue start to come out (I bought the medium tone formula because I have normally a medium-olive skin tone that tans very easily). Are any of you users of this stuff? Any advice? I wear 70-100 sunblock any time I'm going to spend any time outside. I have tried a self-tanner before but I seriously looked like an oompaloompa (it also happened to fall on the same weekend I got engaged and therefore had one million photos taken of me with normal looking skin on my upper half and utterly ORANGE legs. Because yes, I am a genius and only used it on my legs).
5. My husband and I cannot agree on a name for this boy. It is infuriating. I have the name all settled in my head AND HE WILL NOT GIVE IN. I need to start getting used to the idea and start telling big sis what her brother will be called. Naming boys is HARD, people. What is that? When we found out we were having a girl we had this moment where a name was suggested and we both LOVED IT! If this baby was to be another girl we had a few good first and middle combos that we could agree on. But now? All we can agree on is "Rocky." And that is not going to be his name SO HELP ME (although John thinks it would be the most badass thing EVER to name this kid Rocky. But I'm sorry. What if your doctor walked in and had "Rocky" as his first name on his nametag? Or your accountant? And as much as I want this kid to be a professional athlete or RAPPER one day, we are going to be passing on receiving a Social Security card with the name of a Sylvester Stallone movie character on it THANKYOUVERYMUCH).
6. Today I found the box with all my "fat clothes" in it. I WAS SO HAPPY. It's the stuff I packed away when I decided that enough was enough and I was going to sign up for Weight Watchers and lose the baby weight (Syd was 6 months old when I started and I lost 30 pounds). Included in the box are all my ginormous nursing bras which I can't wait to start wearing, and a few maternity clothes and stretchy things I kept wearing while in between sizes. The best thing in the box? MY GAUCHO PANTS. Remember those? There are like five pairs of stretchy cotton gaucho pants in there. And I do not give a flying rip if they are totally out of style now I AM WEARING THOSE BAD BOYS IN PUBLIC. My wardrobe has now seriously doubled and become 200% more comfortable. Me so happy.
7. Our Netflix queue is seriously struggling. I finally sent back Sherlock Holmes (had that one since May) and Godfather Part II and I'm a little scared of what might come in return. Any suggestions for some good (and possibly husband-friendly) flicks I can add? It seems like there's nothing good out on DVD right now. My husband is going to flip out when he sees New Moon up there again but OH WELL. And can I just say for the record that I really want to be Team Jacob but really I'm Team Edward? And also? A 14-year-old girl on the inside?
More Quick Takes here.